When choosing a new carpet, you may already know exactly what you’re trying to achieve from a design perspective. But if not, here are a few tips to help you choose what colour, pattern style and texture would suit your room best.
Carpets in a beige or neutral tone offer a blank style canvas and will suit any interior style. The variety of yarns and style variations available in our showroom can add texture and depth, even with a neutral palette.
If you want to experiment with stronger colours to make your carpet more of a design statement, our range of patterned carpets, from delicate tonal florals to stripes and Persians, allow a subtle design tone. If you want to choose a patterned carpet which doesn't create as much of a statement, choose a tonal variation in a natural palette as this will give a less dominating feel.
It’s really important to consider the usage of the rooms you are carpeting so that you pick a suitable product and style. For example, busy communal areas such as hallways, stairs and living rooms need a heavier weight carpet to withstand natural wear and tear for longer compared to rooms which are used less, such as bedrooms.
Carpet care and Maintenance tips
- A large, high quality doormat will reduce dirt from outside being walked around the house.
- Try to avoid laying light coloured carpets next to external doors.
- Loop pile carpets should be vacuumed regularly with a powerful suction vacuum WITHOUT a beater bar and brush.
- The only carpets we recommend to be cleaned with beater bar and brush vacuum cleaner are woven cut pile carpets.
- Man-made fiber and wool twist pile carpets should be vacuumed regularly using a powerful suction vacuum WITHOUT a beater bar or brush.